Sunday, November 30, 2008

Countdown to Christmas begins!

Today is December 1 and so begins my countdown. So I figured I'd post some fun gift ideas? 

For the camera lover: These camera are old skool and oh so very cute! 
* * * * *
Babybearisms: 
Babybear on Christmas

Babybear and I were chatting about his uncles AKA "Uh-Oh" 's who were in town for Thanksgiving. He wanted to know when they were coming back. I told him around Christmas. 
So I asked Babybear: "Do you know what Christmas is." 
Babybear: "Yup, Happy Birthday Jeh-jhus!"

Me:  "Yes, you're so right, we will have cake for Baby Jesus."

(That's our tradition to have a cake for Baby Jesus. A little birthday party for him on Christmas.) 
Babybear on going back to work.... 

I returned to work after the long Thanksgiving holiday. Babybear was used to me hanging out with him for the past couple of days and asked, "Mommy, where you going? Just stay with me a lil' bit. PLEASE?!" But I had a hard time going back to the office after hearing him repeat, "Just a lil' bit Mommy."... so I stayed and enjoyed the wooden sandwich and hot dog he made me in his frying pan. 

* * * * *
 

DECEMBER 2

On my wishlist- KitchenAid Martha Stewart Mixer. Bear with me since I can't figure out how to post a photo of it on my blog. Oh well.... 

Phooey. This looks so boring without the ability to post the actual photo. 

Tell me if any of you got some great Cyber Monday deals. 

Babybearism: 
Last night, we were playing catch right before bed. I had my cell phone with me like I usually do and had sent off a quick text to someone. Babybear had been waiting all evening (after dinner, his bath, and clean-up) to play catch. 

He told me, "Mommy, put phone here...." and pointed to a distant chair. 

I was really convicted..... All Babybear really wants is my time. Aw shucks. So, if you can, try not to get too wrapped up with your phone. I was getting caught up in the stuff that I had to do and I was reminded that what really matters is that time with the Baby. 

2 comments:

hannah said...

right-click on the photo, scroll down to properties, copy the URL address. go to add photo, paste address into "photo from URL"

btw it's on sale for 299

mamabear said...

I did that. And I get the note that says, your photo has been uploaded into Blogger and nuttin.